Launched on August 11, 2017, Co-Pilot is a new Beta feature for the ESPN Live Draft Assistant. Co-Pilot makes your draft easier by:
- Allowing you to make picks directly from the Draft Wizard Live Draft Assistant, so you don’t have to go over to the ESPN Lite Draft application to make your picks.
- Auto-drafting our top suggested player for you when there are 10 seconds left on the pick clock, so you don’t get stuck with ESPN’s auto-pick.
How It Works
- When you launch the Draft Wizard Live Draft Assistant, you’ll see a message that explains how Co-Pilot works and asks if you’d like to enable the feature.
- When Co-Pilot is enabled, you’ll a green strip at the top of the screen (the feature can be toggled on and off at any time, using the ‘Enable Co-Pilot’ checkbox).
- When Co-Pilot is turned on, the Draft Assistant will auto-refresh every 5 seconds (the usual refresh options will be hidden).
- When it’s your pick, the pick clock in the left-sidebar will turn red, to indicate that you’re on the clock. The Co-Pilot strip at the top of the screen will also show you which player would be the auto-pick.
- When it’s your turn, you can either make your pick using the "Draft on ESPN" button that is shown next to each player in the suggested player queue, or wait for the click to run down and let Co-Pilot auto-pick for you when there's 10 seconds remaining on the pick clock.
Can I turn off the auto-pick but still draft from the Draft Assistant?
Currently, Co-Pilot bundles these two features together. If Co-Pilot is disabled, the "Draft on ESPN" buttons will be hidden, and the user will have to make their picks in the ESPN Lite Draft application.
Can I skip the auto-pick?
Yes. When you’re on the clock, a ‘Skip auto-pick’ link will be shown in the green Co-Pilot strip at the top of the screen. This will temporarily turn off auto-pick, for the current pick only. However, this is not recommended, as users may run into issues with their pick going through if they wait until the last second or two of the pick clock.
Can I use Co-Pilot with other league hosts?
No, Co-Pilot is only available for ESPN leagues.
Do I still need to have the ESPN Lite Draft application open?
Yes, you’ll need the ESPN Lite Draft room AND the Draft Assistant open on your screen throughout the draft. If your computer is turned off or in sleep mode, Co-Pilot won’t be able to make picks for your team.
How is the auto-pick player determined?
Co-Pilot’s auto-pick selects the top player from the ‘Suggested players to consider’ view.